Loading...

Interview; Jennifer Armentrout

JENNIFER ARMENTROUT TALKING ABOUT DAEMON, WEST VIRGINIA, AND HER GOOGLE DEGREE IN GEMMOLOGY

So excited to have done this interview with the amazing, Jennifer Armentrout! Author of the Lux series and the Covenant series:


What was your inspiration for the Lux series?
It's kind of an interesting story. I turned in one of my adult novels into my editor who asked me if I'd be interested in writing about aliens in high school. Initially, I laughed and said no. Aliens in high school? What could I do with aliens in high school? But the more I thought about it, the Katy and Daemon surfaced in my head and then the Luxens did. I wrote a couple of chapters and the editor loved it. Obsidian was a book that almost didn't happen. 

How would you describe Daemon?
He's a jerk. Daemon does have a softer side, but he's kind of what you see is what you get. So when he's being a douche canoe, it's because he's a douche canoe. Though, he is rather selfless. That's something a lot of people might not realize yet. 

Are there any characters who are based on real people?
No hot aliens living next to me, but Katy is kind of a mixture of the book bloggers that I know. 



What sort of research did you have to do for Obsidian and Onyx? 
A lot of research on gemstones. Obsidian and Onyx actually do impact light, so I think I have an official Google degree in gemmology now. 

What made you choose West Virginia?
I live there... and no one writes about West Virginia. A lot of time when people do, they back it seem like a land before time and get it drastically wrong. 

Thank you for answering our questions Jennifer, is there anything else you'd like to add? 
Thanks for having me!


onyx 1560633586135514400

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item

Popular Posts

ADS

Promote your book here!
Message us on our contact page to place your book in this space with a purchasing link.

Random Posts